We specialize in all things glass. Established in 1962 with one shop in Seattle, Wash., today Glass Doctor offers quick and affordable glass services to business, home, and auto owners at more than 270 locations across the United States and Canada. Our team of qualified experts lives our code of values of Respect, Integrity, and Customer Focus while having fun in the process! We hire reliable, friendly, and customer service-focused glass professionals and office staff who are dedicated to creating a delightful customer experience.
The Specialist Technician for Installing Flat Glass is key member of our team responsible for the quality and efficient installation of residential and commercial flat glass and related glass products such as windows, storefronts, mirrors, display cases, shower doors, etc. You will also develop new customers by identifying opportunities to sell additional work. Exemplifying our code of values, you show respect and courtesy to all customers and employees.
· Execute Service with Advanced Training (SWAT).
· Sell flat glass products & services to customers.
· Conduct accurate field measuring.
· Cut flat glass and mirrors according to specified dimensions and patterns.
· Install replacement glass in existing products and systems.
· Install mirrors in replacement and new installations.
· Install glass and glass holding products and systems (storefronts, windows, shower doors, etc.) in new installations.
· Install and adjust door and window hardware as well as other operating components of product lines.
· Insure the efficient use of materials.
· Maintain adequate stock of glazing accessories on vehicle.
· Collect payment and/or information necessary for payment from customers for work performed.
· Perform the duties of the job keeping safety in mind at all times.
· Maintain a spirit of cooperation, respect and teamwork.
· Treat all customers with respect at all times.
· Treat all fellow employees with respect at all times.
· Keep company vehicles and equipment in good working order and condition.
· Prepare and complete invoices as required.
· Maintain open lines of communications with management and fellow
employees at all times.
· Perform other duties as assigned which may include the duties outside this
job description and may also include cross-training in related positions within
· Prior experience in the flat glass industry.
· Bilingual a plus
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to pass random drug tests.
· Ability to read architectural drawings, specifications and shop drawings.
· Physical ability to work with ladders, scaffolding and related equipment required
for installation of glass and related glass holding systems.
· Ability to lift and carry large, heavy objects (up to 75 pounds)
· A steady hand is needed to achieve a cut of the correct size and shape
· Must be able to be on feet and move heavy pieces of glass most of the day.
· Must to be able to hold glass in place until it can be fully secured.
· Ability to use necessary hand tools and shop machines
· Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
· Personality suitable to working and communicating effectively with supervisors
and fellow employees.
· Personality suitable to communication effectively with customers.
· Ability to sell the company’s products and services to customers.
· Ability to listen and follow directions to perform job duties without being
argumentative or disruptive.
· Ability to think in a logical and progressive manner.
· Ability to comprehend the overall business requirements of the position.
· Ability to effectively present information to customers.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills which are particularly well suited to
working with a variety of situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists.
· Accustomed to working in fast moving environments requiring timely attention to
details as well as unpredictable and changing conditions.
· Proven track record as a team member and effective communicator.
· Professional appearance and personality.
· Good organizational and time management skills to insure scheduled deadlines
· Must be self-motivated, energetic and results oriented with a high level of work
intensity and a bias for action.
· Work Saturday work rotation and be available for emergencies as scheduled.
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!
Around here, we’re not just glass experts. We’re skilled craftsmen. Makers. Doers. Problem solvers. We’re helping our customers make their homes the best they can be, and their cars as safe as possible. Come join a brand rich in tradition, big on collaboration and learning. A place where your ideas and expertise are valued above all. After all, without your vision, our customers couldn’t achieve their own.
Synergistic International LLC is the franchisor of the Glass Doctor® franchised system. Each Glass Doctor® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Synergistic International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Synergistic International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Glass Doctor® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Synergistic International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Synergistic International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)