STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Responsible for the strategic direction, profitability, growth, reputation, adherence to Glass Doctor franchise systems, adherence to Dwyer Group Code of Values as well as overall success of the company and oversees the following functions which are the primary responsibility of the appropriate department manager:
Strategic Planning Company Top Priorities Marketing & Advertising Sales- Inside and Outside Customer Service/ Fulfillment Accounting Employee Action Plans Contract Bidding
Provide leadership to all associates in support of day-to-day activities which include employee recruiting, hiring, assignments, motivation, discipline, performance appraisal, compensation and training as required. Leadership by example must be displayed at all times.
- Make sure customers are happy with the work that is completed while maintaining a strong team of employees who are focused on meeting sales and profitability goals as well as other specific performance benchmarks.
- Meet or exceed monthly revenue and profit goals.
- With a strong focus on customer satisfaction, manage the financial operations of the company to insure profitability as well as positive cash flow.
- Make sure a key business measurements and indicators report is published each month to track sales, profits, advertising performance, quoting activity, incoming orders, invoiced sales, contract backlog, lost time accidents and profitability.
- Prepare and update the Strategic Plan for the business quarterly.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to build the business with a focus on increasing margins, expanding products, services and customers.
- Establishes department budget allocations and insure compliance.
- Lead by example at all times.
- Lead the company in the establishment of annual Company Top Priorities.
- Assist in developing action plans for all employees.
- Insure that all employees are informed of company top priorities as well as current business conditions.
- Identify and track important business indicators to ensure successful implementation of company top priorities.
- Prepare quarterly and annual Performance Forecast. Forecast to include all business measures and costs as listed on company financial statements.
- Maintains a strong focus on the installation processes to ensure continuous improvement in costs, efficiencies, and productivity while not compromising quality or customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing the maximum capability of each associate by providing training, coaching and counseling, career development, mentoring as well as stimulating efficiency and effectiveness through dynamic leadership and personal example.
- Oversee the annual performance review process as well as evaluate and approve the performance appraisals and compensation increases for all employees.
- Oversee the successful implementation of programs that result in the reduction of costs and increase of profits for the company.
- Review the aging receivables and recommend specific actions for collection and claim settlement.
- Maintain personal contact with customers, associations, etc.
- Develop and maintain a spirit of cooperation, respect and teamwork.
- Oversee training, mentoring and development of key employees as required.
- Approve hiring and termination of employees.
- 23. Keep work area organized, clean and uncluttered by setting the best possible personal example.
- 24. Maintain open lines of communications with all employees at all times.
- 25. Insure the company and employees comply with all federal, state and local statutes and regulations for vehicle operation, customer and employee relations, safety as well as applicable OSHA and EPA regulations.
- 26. Perform other duties as required to assist in the day-to-day operation of the business which, from time-to-time, may include performing the duties of other employees.
College graduate or equivalent experience with an emphasis on business, economics, manufacturing, marketing and/or sales management.
A minimum of 10 years experience in the glass industry, a related field, or a consumer oriented service business. Prior proven success in the auto and/or flat glass industry is a plus.
Proven track record as a team member and effective communicator.
A proven and demonstrated appreciation for high quality, professionalism, profitability and leadership.
Computer literate and working knowledge of word processing, business software and spreadsheet applications.
Personality suitable to leading, working and communicating effectively with fellow employees in a management and leadership position.
Personality suitable to communication effectively with customers and fellow employees.
Ability to provide technical guidance to less experienced employees.
Ability to give directions in assisting employees in a non-threatening and nonconfrontational manner.
High degree of self-confidence.
Driven to see and provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
Ability to perform contract bidding functions.
Ability to sell the company’s products and services to customers.
Ability to think in a logical and progressive manner.
Ability to comprehend the overall business requirements of the position.
Ability to effectively manage a variety of situations on a day-to-day basis.
Ability to write effective business correspondence.
Good communication and interpersonal skills which are particularly well suited to working with a variety of situations and employees. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Accustomed to working in fast moving environments requiring timely attention to details as well as unpredictable and changing conditions. Proven track record as a team member and effective communicator.
Professional appearance and personality.
Good organizational and time management skills to insure scheduled deadlines are met as well as impart these characteristics to all employees.
Must be self-motivated, energetic and results oriented with a high level of work intensity and a bias for action.
Must be able to lead by example with a very high standard of conduct and ethics.
Ability to read architectural drawings, specifications and shop drawings.
Proven ability to promote and sell a variety of products on small to medium size projects in the new and remodel market segments.
Ability to relate to architects, general contractors, developers and building owners.
A mechanical aptitude with a general understanding of application engineering and the building sciences.
Around here, we’re not just glass experts. We’re skilled craftsmen. Makers. Doers. Problem solvers. We’re helping our customers make their homes the best they can be, and their cars as safe as possible. Come join a brand rich in tradition, big on collaboration and learning. A place where your ideas and expertise are valued above all. After all, without your vision, our customers couldn’t achieve their own.
Synergistic International LLC is the franchisor of the Glass Doctor® franchised system. Each Glass Doctor® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Synergistic International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Synergistic International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Glass Doctor® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Synergistic International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Synergistic International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)