“You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”
Glass Doctor of Tampa Bay is a local family owned company that has been in the Tampa Bay area for over 25 years. And in spite of a sluggish economy since 2008 we are experiencing steady growth every year. The reason for our growth is our very unique and supportive company culture that is well suited for the workforce veteran that is looking for a place to call home. Our teammates are recognized and rewarded for their efforts and talents. It may sound a little bit cliché but at the Glass Doctor we passionately believe the key to our continuing success is to assemble a team of people that share a common set of values and then let them accomplish great things; not the least of which is to create a secure, supportive and well compensated working environment. An environment in which we can all practice our trades and contribute to our own personal success while simultaneously lifting up our teammates. With that in mind we have built our team on the following seven core values and principles:
- Do the Right Thing: Above all else, we will do what is right and honest without exception.
- Live the Golden Rule: Treat every person, employee or customer, the way you want to be treated. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Our Business is Making Happy Customers: Without them we have no business – Do what is fair.
- Fix the Customer: Our job is not only to fix our customer’s “panes” but to solve their problems.
- Remain Humble & Thankful
- Have Fun in the Process: Work takes up one third of our lives – it should be an enjoyable place to be. Do your part.
- Falling Short: If/When we fall short of our company values - we will acknowledge our error - correct it - and refocus on being true to our values list above.
Glass Doctor is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Our ideal candidate has a desire to be part of a close-knit hard-working office family. They should posses outstanding communication skills, true multi-tasking experience and a willingness to learn all aspects of our Glass Service Business. Our most successful teammates in this position have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. And they often have some higher or continuing education coursework. The best fit will have a minimum of one year customer service experience, excellent computer skills, strong phone skills, and solid math skills.
If hired the candidate will spend the first 3-6 months mastering the unique glass industry terminology and our full range of product offerings which can vary depending on the location of the jobsite in our large service territory. After the candidate has mastered these skills there are plenty of opportunities to expand the administrative and/or management responsibilities which will come with increased compensation as well.
- Receives incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner, determines purpose of the call, and collects/verifies contact information
- Provides price, schedule, and quality quotes for automotive jobs and sets appointments for flat projects in order to promptly close the sale
- Promptly responds to email requests in order to secure the opportunity
- Receives and owns customer complaints and enters all information into the work order/invoice HIDDEN notes in order to accurately/formally record ALL relevant information
- Obtains, documents, and verifies all insurance information
- Assists dispatcher or other office employees as needed
- Assist in making office schedules
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years old
- One to three years of experience in a customer facing role
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding phone skills
- Strong computer and internet skills
- 2 year college degree or equivalent experience in military or in office administration
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Holiday and Vacation Days
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)