“You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”
Glass Doctor of Tampa Bay is a local family owned company that has been in the Ocala & Tampa Bay area for over 25 years. We are experiencing steady growth every year and the reason for our growth is our very unique and supportive company culture that is well suited for the workforce veteran that is looking for a place to call home. Our teammates are recognized and rewarded for their efforts and talents. It may sound a little bit cliché but at the Glass Doctor we passionately believe the key to our continuing success is to assemble a team of people that share a common set of values and then let them accomplish great things; not the least of which is to create a secure, supportive and well compensated working environment. An environment in which we can all practice our trades and contribute to our own personal success while simultaneously lifting up our teammates. With that in mind we have built our team on the following seven core values and principles:
- Do the Right Thing: Above all else, we will do what is right and honest without exception.
- Live the Golden Rule: Treat every person, employee or customer, the way you want to be treated. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.
- Our Business is Making Happy Customers: Without them we have no business – Do what is fair.
- Fix the Customer: Our job is not only to fix our customer’s “panes” but to solve their problems.
- Remain Humble & Thankful
- Have Fun in the Process: Work takes up one third of our lives – it should be an enjoyable place to be. Do your part.
- Falling Short: If/When we fall short of our company values - we will acknowledge our error - correct it - and refocus on being true to our values list above.
Glass Doctor is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The Hiring Manager
The Shower Install Technician is key member of our team responsible for measuring, selling and installing frameless and framed custom glass shower enclosures. The role is heavily focused on showers, however, the Shower Install Technician will also be required to install residential and light commercial flat glass products and services such as windows, mirrors, display cases, and occasionally storefronts products. You will also develop new customers by identifying opportunities to sell additional work while showing respect and courtesy to all customers and teammates.
Ideally you have prior experience in the flat glass industry and have proven communication skills with supervisors, employees, and customers. You are self-motivated, thrive in fast moving environments, and able to manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
- Measure, sell and install glass showers.
- Reglaze single and double paned windows.
- Replace broken patio and business doors.
- Install glass, mirrors, door and window hardware in replacement installations.
- Insure the efficient use of materials and maintain adequate stock of vehicle.
- Conduct accurate field measuring
- Collect payment and/or payment information from customers for work performed
- Keep company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
- Complete invoices, daily route sheets, and weekly reports as required
- Prior experience in the flat glass industry installing showers is a plus
- Ability to measure accurately and use tape measures and levels
- Physical ability to work with ladders, scaffolding and related equipment required for glass installation
- Proficiency to navigate tablet based technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional appearance and personality
Benefits: Top compensation and full company benefits are available
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!
Position also known as: Glazier, Glass Installer, Glass Mechanic, Shower Install Professional, and Flat Glass Technician
Around here, we’re not just glass experts. We’re skilled craftsmen. Makers. Doers. Problem solvers. We’re helping our customers make their homes the best they can be, and their cars as safe as possible. Come join a brand rich in tradition, big on collaboration and learning. A place where your ideas and expertise are valued above all. After all, without your vision, our customers couldn’t achieve their own.
Synergistic International LLC is the franchisor of the Glass Doctor® franchised system. Each Glass Doctor® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Synergistic International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Synergistic International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Glass Doctor® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Synergistic International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Synergistic International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)