STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Responsible for the quality and efficient installation of residential and commercial flat glass and related glass products such as windows, storefronts, mirrors, display cases, shower doors, etc. Perform sales and marketing activities to sell assigned work, identify and sell additional work and develop new customers as required.
- Execute Service with Advanced Training (SWAT).
- Sell flat glass products & services to customers, when necessary.
- Conduct accurate field measuring.
- Cut flat glass and mirrors according to specified dimensions and patterns.
- Install replacement glass in existing products and systems.
- Install mirrors in replacement and new installations.
- Install glass in new installations.
- Install and adjust door and window hardware as well as other operating components of product lines.
- Insure the efficient use of materials.
- Maintain adequate stock of glazing accessories on vehicle.
- Collect payment and/or information necessary for payment from customers for work performed.
- Perform the duties of the job keeping safety in mind at all times.
- Maintain a spirit of cooperation, respect and teamwork.
- Treat all customers with respect at all times.
- Treat all fellow employees with respect at all times.
- Keep company vehicles and equipment in good working order and condition.
- Prepare and complete invoices, route sheets, time cards, daily and weekly reports as required.
- Maintain open lines of communications with management and fellow employees at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include the duties outside this job description and may also include cross-training in related positions within the company.
- Ideally, prior experience in the flat glass industry.
- Ability to measure accurately.
- Physical ability to work with ladders, scaffolding and related equipment required for installation of glass.
- Personality suitable to working and communicating effectively with supervisors and fellow employees.
- Personality suitable to communication effectively with customers.
- Ability to sell the company's products and services to customers.
- Ability to listen and follow directions to perform job duties without being argumentative or disruptive.
- Ability to think in a logical and progressive manner.
- Ability to comprehend the overall business requirements of the position.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills which are particularly well suited to working with a variety of situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Accustomed to working in fast moving environments requiring timely attention to details as well as unpredictable and changing conditions.
- Proven track record as a team member and effective communicator.
- Professional appearance and personality.
- Good organizational and time management skills to insure scheduled deadlines are met.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and results oriented with a high level of work intensity and a bias for action.
- Work Saturday work rotation as scheduled.
Synergistic International LLC is the franchisor of the Glass Doctor® franchised system. Each Glass Doctor® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Synergistic International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Glass Doctor® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Synergistic International LLC nor its affiliates (“Franchisor”) have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. I further acknowledge that I will not be working on Synergistic International LLC’s premises, performing a specialty job on a production line and I may refuse to do work for the Franchisor or work for others. Synergistic International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
Glass Doctor - Austin Location
Established in 1962, Glass Doctor is one of the elite full-service glass replacement providers in the nation. Recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine among its "Franchise 500," Glass Doctor franchisees offer complete glass replacement, as well as service and repair, to the automotive, residential, and commercial markets at more than 275 locations in the United States and Canada. Glass Doctor is a subsidiary of Dwyer Group®.
Come work with us!
Glass Doctor® is looking for qualified glass professionals to join our team. We are a national franchise company with locations across the United States and Canada and have served millions of satisfied customers. Glass Doctor has available opportunities to learn valuable skills, work alongside seasoned professionals, and create glass solutions in your community.
Company Website: www.glassdoctor.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)